Archive for February, 2012
Dear backgammon friends,
May I invite you to the Brussels Friendly 11 backgammon tournament (main, consolation & last chance) on Friday the 2nd of March at 20:00.
Please bring your backgammon board and confirm your participation. We’ll tend to have a 32 player’s bracket… (see all info in the flyers below, in English, French, Dutch)
Note also on Friday 24 February (tomorrow !) at 19:45 (play starts at 20:15) in Leuven : day 2 of the Leuven Club Championship 2012 ; you’re all welcome (info Johan Segers, +32 (0)494 29 44 60, firstname.lastname@example.org).
See you at these occasions with pleasure!
Upcoming backgammon activities in the neighbourhood : you can play backgammon ‘live’ nearly every day !
- Every Tuesday : club evening in Ghent ; every Wednesday : club evening in Hasselt ; every Thursday : club evening in Bruges (see info www.BGFed.be)
- Sunday 26 February in Rotterdam : Superzondag (info Ed Baars +31 (0) 653 57 91 64 or email@example.com)
- Friday 9 March in Leuven : 4 Cubes competition (Belgium interclubs) : LEUVEN – BRUSSEL
- Sunday 10 & 11 March in Amsterdam : the Mokum Open (info Nardy Pillards +31 (0) 652 663 616 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday 16 March in Brugge : 4 Cubes competition (Belgium interclubs) : BRUGGE – HASSELT
- Friday 6 April 2012 : Brussels Friendly 12
Heavy snow on Friday, February 3, caused record-breaking traffic jams all over Belgium, making it impossible for many registered players as well as the tournament director to arrive in time. The Brussels Friendly 11 is therefore postponed to Friday, March 2, 2012. The draw for the 4 Cubes calendar 2012 was done at Guy Van Middelem’s.